Total Pageviews

Monday 13 May 2013

Poem card, Rabbits everywhere!


FRED RABBIT




 A true story about a rabbit that I heard was ill treated. He lived quite a long way away, but I kept thinking of his plight, and could not sleep at night.

So, I asked my sister in law, who lived next door, to ask the rabbit’s owners if they wanted him, and that I was willing to come up & get him.

They did not want him & so I hired a box & went on a long distance train, after work, to go get him. I had nowhere to put him, but I knew that could easily be sorted out, and was the least of the problems. Fred rabbit, became really attached to me. I would have him  running around in the garden & indoors, before I went to work.

He would sit with me in the garden & come when I called, he was in the bathroom , while I was having a bath & helped himself to a biscuit, when the lid of the tin was off. He repaid me a thousand times, with his company, until he became ill & he had to be put to sleep, a very bad time.
He is buried in the garden, amongst the flowers.



No comments:

Post a Comment